Home Discuss Development Map Database

Loews Downtown Convention | Crossroads | Hotel (800 rooms)

hotel
crossroads
newconstruction
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fd40b41a988> #<Tag:0x00007fd40b41a7f8> #<Tag:0x00007fd40b41a6b8>

(Bob Specht) #21

I’m a fan. Know some think it’s too boring or stale, but I like the stark “minimalism,” if you will.

(Bob Specht) #22

Bond underwriter selected for $311M KC convention hotel

"Stifel Nicolaus & Co. has been selected as the bond underwriter for the $311 million Hyatt convention center hotel project proposed for downtown Kansas City.

The city’s Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority, which will own the hotel under a sale-leaseback agreement with its private owners, will issue up to $160 million in bonds to help cover the project’s construction cost."

(Liam) #23

Anyone know when this will start construction

(Bob Specht) #24

Court date set for Feburary 2nd, 2016.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2016/01/19/convention-hotel-lawsuit.html

(Bob Specht) #25

The plan will proceed.

(Adam Jones) #26

Great news!

(Phillip Wolff) #27

Do we have an update on a possible groundbreaking date?

(Bob Specht) #28

It has started.

(peter agnello) #29

Anymore work on this project?

(Kyle Mc Cullough) #30

last i heard october was groundbreaking

(Jordan Bruening) #32

I wish they would release more details and final renderings. Do you think they’ll do that before the ground-breaking?

(peter agnello) #33

I overheard someone that is part of the project it looks like things are going to happen soon.

(Kyle Mc Cullough) #34

i read groundbreaking scheduled for early next year

(Kyle Mc Cullough) #35

i read that a year ago too, though

(Bob Specht) #36

Hoping for a spring groundbreaking, according to latest updates. Doesn’t seem like there are any guarantees right now, though. Dec 20th deadline to show financing progress, but the City still hasn’t acquired all the land needed.

(Bob Specht) #37

Looks like there’s an agreement in place for the loan and an extension is no longer needed. Also, a new, less interesting rendering showing significant height loss.

Kansas City Star

Biz Journal
Convention hotel loses height but clears hurdles
http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2016/12/19/convention-hotel-loses-height-but-clears-hurdles.html

(James Wehmueller) #38

very ‘less interesting’ …looks kind of how you’d expect a building to look that was ‘designed’ by an engineering firm. This is HNTB’s baby, isn’t it? seems to be a wasted opportunity to make a statement.

(Bob Specht) #39

Looks like rendering from opposite side. Things might get underway in May. Looks like we’ll be getting a mighty-large right across from Kauffman Center, ugh.

(Bob Specht) #40

On CPC agenda for next Tuesday.

4 JR 14. Case No. 9728-UR-5 – A request to approve an amendment to a previously-approved development plan in District UR (Urban Redevelopment) to allow development of the Hyatt Regency Kansas City Convention Center Hotel on about three acres consisting of the block bound by Truman Rd on the north, 16th St on the south, Baltimore Ave on the east and Wyandotte Ave on the west.
Applicant: Mike Burke, KC Hotel Development

(Liam) #41